We want to see your #CharlesSturtLife!
In 2021, we will be posting and sharing your photos across the @charlessturtuni Instagram and Charles Sturt Students Facebook channels.
The best bit? Each month we’re giving away a $50 visa gift card for the photographer who best captures the essence of our Charles Sturt community.
How to participate
- Start following @charlessturtuni Instagram and Charles Sturt Students Facebook
- We’ll share monthly prompts on those channels asking for photos
- You get creative and take some snaps
- Share using #CharlesSturtLife
- Each month, the winner receives a $50 Visa Gift Card
More information, along with the competition’s terms and conditions, can be found below.
How do I share? chevron_right
You can share your #CharlesSturtLife photos on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
First you will need to follow the official Charles Sturt University account. Then, just tag #CharlesSturtLife and the official account on your photos and videos.
Remember, if your account is private we won't be able to share your photos or videos.
Where will my photos be published? chevron_right
Each week we will share the best photos tagged with #CharlesSturtLife on the official Charles Sturt University Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Your photos and videos may also appear on some of the digital screens on our campuses. The University may also use your photos to show future Charles Sturt students what life at university is like through social media, websites, publications and advertising material.
Terms and Conditions chevron_right
By entering the #CharlesSturtLife Photo Competition (Competition) you accept the following T&Cs.
- The promoter of the Competition is Charles Sturt University (ABN: 83 878 708 551) Panorama Avenue, Bathurst, New South Wales 2795 (Charles Sturt).
- Competition Period
- The Competition will run on a monthly basis commencing on the 1st day of each month throughout 2021.
- An applicant can submit their photo for consideration throughout the monthly period up to and including 11.59 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time of the last day of each month.
The winner will be announced across social media on the central Instagram account and supporting accounts such as the Charles Sturt Social and Students Facebook page. Winners announced on the 1st day of the following month or if that day falls on a weekend - on the 1st Monday of that month.
- Subject to clauses 3b and 3c, entry in the Competition is open to students, staff and community on the Charles Sturt social media channels .
- Any Entrant must be 18 years or older.
- The photograph must include the campaign hashtag #CharlesSturtLife
- How to enter
- To enter Competition Period applicants must post their photograph on their Instagram or Facebook channel and include the supporting hashtag #CharlesSturtLife.
- There is no limit on the number of entries which can be submitted by an Entrant provided each entry is different.
- Judging and winners
- This Competition is based on skill and merit. Chance plays no part in determining winners.
- Entries will be judged by a selection panel comprised of one member from the Student Communications team and the central Social Media team.
- Charles Sturt reserves the right not to determine a Winner at its discretion.
- The decision of the selection panel is final.
- Charles Sturt reserves the right to verify the identity and eligibility of an Entrant prior to awarding a prize.
- Charles Sturt’s decision about the eligibility of an Entrant and/or their compliance with these T&Cs is final.
- Charles Sturt will notify the Winners via their Instagram profiles by 5pm AEST 3 days after the close of Competition period. Subject to clause 6d, the winning entries and names of the Winners may be published to the relevant official social media channels, as determined by Charles Sturt. Winning entries and names may be published for the duration of the competition or such other later date as determined by Charles Sturt if a re-draw is required pursuant to clause 7b.
- The prizes are as follows (Prize):
- A $50 Visa or Mastercard gift voucher.
- The Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- If the Prize (or any part of the Prize) is unavailable, Charles Sturt, at its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- To claim their Prize, each Winner must reply to Charles Sturt University via Instagram before 5pm AEST 5 days after the result has been released. After this time, the applicable Prize is forfeited to Charles Sturt and Charles Sturt may elect, at its discretion, to offer any unclaimed Prize to another Entrant using the same judging criteria as described in these T&Cs and will notify such Entrant as soon as practicable following Charles Sturt’s decision. Charles Sturt is not liable to compensate any person who fails to claim their Prize.
- The prizes are as follows (Prize):
- Content of Entry
- Each Entrant warrants that they are the creator of the entry, they own the copyright and their entry does not infringe any third-party rights.
- Each Entrant must obtain the consent of any person who can be identified in their entry prior to submitting it to the Competition.
- An Entrant must not submit any material which is unlawful, fraudulent, an infringement of any intellectual property, privacy or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, sexist, racist, discriminatory, hateful, or otherwise unsuitable for publication.
- Use of Your Entry for Promotional Purposes
- By entering this Competition each Entrant grants to Charles Sturt a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty and fee free licence to use, reproduce, publish and distribute their entry, for the purposes of the Competition and all other activities promoting Charles Sturt. The entry may be published in any media, and Charles Sturt may alter or edit the entry as required to make use of the entry for the permitted purposes. Each Entrant consents to any act by Charles Sturt which would otherwise infringe their moral rights.
- Release and Liability
- To the full extent permitted by law, Charles Sturt excludes all liability arising in connection with this Competition, any entry or Prize.
- Charles Sturt is not responsible for any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, incomplete or corrupted entry whether due to error or otherwise. Charles Sturt is under no obligation to accept any entry which is not submitted in accordance with these T&Cs.
- Charles Sturt reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, in which case it will post a notice on Summer at Charles Sturt University webpage.
- Without prejudice to any other rights of a party, each Entrant indemnifies Charles Sturt against any loss, claim or damage arising from the Entrant’s participation or entry in the Competition or winning a Prize.
- Charles Sturt may collect, store and use personal information collected from Entrants in order to conduct the Competition and related purposes.
- Each Entrant consents to the publication of their name and details if they are a Winner.
- Personal information is managed by Charles Sturt in accordance with the Charles Sturt Privacy Management Plan: https://policy.csu.edu.au/document/view-current.php?id=218. Any Entrant can contact the Charles Sturt Ombudsman about personal information held by Charles Sturt about them.
- Supply of personal information is voluntary, but if an Entrant declines to do so then Charles Sturt may not be able to include their entry in the Competition or award a Prize.